Hyrecar Product Redesign
A case study on how Novvum & I teamed up to improve Hyrecar's web app framework.
- Their explosive growth led to an unstable software platform and an app that experienced constant outages, resulting in poor user experiences.
- The process for renting vehicles and renting out vehicles was cumbersome. The process needed a lot of steps reduced and making the process easy to use.
- Design was hard to use on mobile devices
- Design was stale and needed a refresh
- Sign up and onboarding was so long, there were many people dropping off.
- The process to book (or rent out) a car was so cumbersome that people were leaving comments in the app store about how confusing it was.
- Review old site, understand problem, review new design material & created a plan for infrastructure and design.
- Data Architecture Rebuild
- The Novvum team initiated a full rebuild of their infrastructure that was scalable, sustainable and could keep up with the high demands of their customers.
- Redesign User Interface
- Our team went through every screen for signup, renting vehicles and renting out vehicles, got customer feedback and improved their processes.
- Test & Ship
- Tested the site on modern browsers & devices and launched the redesign.
- IPO Ready
- We were able to successfully deliver on our strategy within a three month time frame — just in time for HyreCar’s $14.5 Million IPO.
- Improved Experience
- Since the rebuild, HyreCar has seen a dramatic increase in new drivers and number of cars rented, which grew 84% from Q2 2019 to Q3 2019.
- Increased Earnings
- Following the rebuild and IPO in Q2 2019, Hyrecar recorded revenue at $3.8m, compared to $2.3m in 2018, an increase of 67%. Hyrecar also recorded an increase in gross profit of $2.3m, compared to $1.1m in 2018, an increase of 114%.
Ready to improve your product's experience?
First contact me by booking time to speak with me. We’ll discuss your plans and figure out whether we'll be able to improve your product together.Book a Project Chat